Hydrogen Peroxide is safe to use around the house and is non-toxic, especially in the low concentrations that we recommend using. It is also fairly inexpensive, and easy to obtain at almost any grocery or drug store. It can also be bought in bulk at restaurant supply stores.
When you clean with Hydrogen Peroxide, you get an added bonus. It sanitizes your sponges every time you use it. No need to worry about spreading nasty stuff around!
Practical uses of hydrogen peroxide:
- Spray on and wipe down wooden cutting boards to disinfect
- Use to sanitize bathrooms and kitchens, just a splash on a sponge will do
- Can be used to clean toilets, and is septic system safe
- Can be diluted into a spray to clean vegetables and fruits
- Can be used in your washer instead of bleach, just treat it as if it were bleach
- You can even bleach your hair with a highly diluted mix of H2O2 and water!
- Removing Blood From Carpet and Microfiber
- Disinfecting Your Phones
- Organic Stains on Granite Counters
- Get Your Vinyl Strap Patio Furniture Looking Like New
- Make Your Caulk Look Like New
- Removing Stains From Enamel Bathtubs
- Safely Sanitize Countertops
- Removing Grass Stains from Clothing
- Homemade Odor Remover