Make Homemade Reusable Swiffer Cloths

Jenny submitted this great tip on how to make your own washable Swiffer cloths:

We have hardwood floors throughout most of our house, and I give them a weekly dusting/cleaning with a dry Swiffer. Instead of using disposable Swifter cloths, I use old pieces of fleece. When I'm done with a room or two, I shake the cloth outside, and toss it in the wash.

There are lots of things called fleece these days; what I'm talking about is fairly thick, is sometimes called Polartec, and is 100% polyester. My pieces are probably about the weight of Polartec 200. Fleece attracts dust like a magnet, and doesn't let go.

I came to this idea because I was wearing fleece pants around the house and noticed that they got dusty and picked up flecks of "stuff"at an annoying rate. Rather than get angry, I realized the house cleaning potential, and promptly went out to Goodwill and found an old large fleece garment and cut it up. Voila!

If you have any tips, please send them using the link in the left sidebar.
Hints on Chester's Clean House are provided "as is" and Chester's Clean House shall have no liability for any damages (whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise) arising from the use, attempted use or application of any of the hints described in this blog.

Privacy Policy

©2007-2010 Chester's Clean House