- Turn on all your outside lights - This will help everyone see in the dark and deter any mischievous souls from tricking your house.
- Sit outside to pass out the candy - Your presence outside will also help curb the mischievous and help the un-accompanied children behave. A few years ago all of my mums were destroyed by kids running between the houses. They think twice about it when someone is outside.
- Place glow sticks or reflectors on your children - It can be very hard to a small child in a dark costume and the excitement of the night can cause cotton ears.
- Dress for the weather - When the sun goes down it can get pretty chilly so make sure to bring a jacket and gloves for the kids.
- Check the candy - If it doesn't look right, throw it away. It's always better to be safe then sorry.
- Have a good time!
Labels: Safety Tips
©2007-2010 Chester's Clean House