Cleaning Salt and Pepper Shakers

I recently noticed our glass salt and pepper shakers were looking cloudy. Due to the shape of our shakers, I couldn’t get into the corners even with my faithful toothbrush. Then I though about them as small vases and tried my Alka-Seltzer technique. I filled them up with water and dropped a few broken pieces of Alka-Seltzer tablets. It worked. An important thing to remember when cleaning your shakers, no matter how you do it, is to leave them empty overnight to be certain that all the moisture has evaporated from them. If any moisture remains when you refill them, the salt and pepper will clump.
Hints on Chester's Clean House are provided "as is" and Chester's Clean House shall have no liability for any damages (whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise) arising from the use, attempted use or application of any of the hints described in this blog.

Privacy Policy

©2007-2010 Chester's Clean House