- Cut the Clutter - We all have it in our houses. To make your cleaning go faster reduce the clutter. If you can't find a place for something or you haven't used it in over a year, it is time for it to go. Have a garage sale or donate to the Salvation Army or Goodwill.
- Use Area Rugs - Area rugs will help catch most of the dirt in your house. Place them near entryways and vacuum them regularly.
- Take Off Your Shoes - This sound pretty simple, but most dirt is tracked into your house on your shoes. Place a basket near each entry and put your shoes in them when you come home.
- Dust Top Down - When dusting start at the highest point and work your way down. This will ensure that and dust spread will fall down to the ground. Finish by vacuuming.
- Don't Procrastinate - Doing the dishes after dinner will take you less time than waiting until the next day. It will also help keep pests out of your kitchen.
- Fight the Junk Mail - The first thing I do when I get home from work is go through the junk mail. Failing to do this leads to piles of junk and a bigger job later.
- Use a Cleaning Toolbox - Use a tote or bucket to store all your cleaning supplies in. When it's time to clean just carry you toolbox around and you will save a lot of time having everything close by.
Labels: Cleaning Tips
©2007-2010 Chester's Clean House