Basic Cleaning Equipment

We have gone over basic cleaning supplies in the past, but there are a few pieces of equipment that I find indispensible. Having the right tools will save you a ton of time when cleaning. First, every home needs a good wet/dry shop vac. These are great for cleaning up spills, flooding, and general high-powered vacuuming. Second, my collection of different brushes has saved me a ton of effort. I have a brush for each occasion. I keep toothbrushes for fine cleaning, general hand brushes for general cleaning, and specialty grout brushes that make deep cleaning tile and grout a snap. Third, everyone needs a squeegie. These are great for windows, counters, you name it. Fourth, good brooms and a good mop. A few years ago I threw out my cheap stuff and got a good plastic bristled broom, a traditional straw broom, a Swiffer duster, and a self-ringing mop. These save me time and do a much better job than my old cheap stuff. Fifth, good sponges will save you money in the long run. I know it's tempting to buy the ten pack of cheap sponges and just pitch them when they get dirty, but a couple of good, shaped sponges with the scrubbing back will last years if properly maintained and cleaned.
Hints on Chester's Clean House are provided "as is" and Chester's Clean House shall have no liability for any damages (whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise) arising from the use, attempted use or application of any of the hints described in this blog.

Privacy Policy

©2007-2010 Chester's Clean House