Restricted Plastic Shower Head?

I have a plastic showerhead in my guest bathroom. I haven't replaced it with anything better because, well, I never use it. I did notice that only about two-thirds of the jets were spraying water when I went to clean the bathroom last week. After a quick view of the showerhead it was clear that my problem was hard water build-up. The easiest way to remove hard water build-up is to first remove the showerhead. You should be able to do this with your bare hands as most plastic showerheads use a simple o-ring instead of tephlon tape to make sure the head doesn't leak. Always support the neck when taking the head off, you don't need to turn a simple cleaning project into an all-day plumbing project! Next, fill a small bowl with 1 pint white vinegar and 1 pint hot water. Soak the showerhead in the vinegar-water solution for at least 1 hour. Finally, rinse the showerhead thoroughly and replace it in your shower. Repeat the process if necessary.
Hints on Chester's Clean House are provided "as is" and Chester's Clean House shall have no liability for any damages (whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise) arising from the use, attempted use or application of any of the hints described in this blog.

Privacy Policy

©2007-2010 Chester's Clean House