Shake Your Jewelry Clean With An Ultrasonic Cleaner

I bought an Ultrasonic Cleaner a few years ago I and keep finding more uses for it. When I first saw it on sale at Harbor Freight, I didn't think I would use it enough to get my money's worth. Boy was I wrong.

My first intention was to use it to clean jewelry. My wife has a few rings she wears everyday and they can get pretty dirty, especial if she forgets to take them off before gardening. We put a few of her rings in the machine with some water and set it for 3 minutes. When the timer went off we where surprised too find cloudy water. We got the rings out and washed them off with clean watter and cleaned them off with a microfiber cloth. They looked brand new.

Our excitement overwhelmed us as we cleaned earrings, bracelets, necklaces and other jewelry we could find. The Ultrasonic Cleaner cleaned everything very well. Then I tried my watch. I wear it everyday and until I cleaned it in the Ultrasonic Cleaner I had no idea how dirty it got. The first day we had the machine we spent a few hours just finding things to clean in it. Here are some of the items we have found over the years that we clean regularly in it:


  • All kinds of jewelry (rings, earrings, watches, bracelets, necklaces) - The only thing you have to watch for with watches or jewelry is that it must be submersible. The water will probably damage leather bands on a watch.
  • Glasses and Sunglasses - You will be surprised how much gunk can collect on them.
  • Coins - My coins in my collection have never looked better.
  • Combs and Brushes - Make sure you remove the hair first.
  • Electronic Shaver Heads - Just the savings from cleaning these has paid for my ultrasonic cleaner.
  • Wagner Power Painter Nozzles - Forgot to clean my power painter nozzle and thought I would have to buy a new one, not after I cleaned it. I added a tablespoon of turpentine to the water to boost this, but I don't know if I needed to.
  • Gun Parts, Machine Parts, Car Parts, Lots of Parts
  • And much more

If you clean any jewelry or small machine parts regularly I recommend getting an Ultrasonic Cleaner. There are lots of brands and models, but the two features I have found most useful are a timer that runs longer than 90 seconds and a fan to cool the unit. I have found that most things take about 3 minutes to get really clean. When you run the machine for this long the motor can get hot so a fan will help it last longer. When you get your machine, I hope you have as much using it as we do.

Hints on Chester's Clean House are provided "as is" and Chester's Clean House shall have no liability for any damages (whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise) arising from the use, attempted use or application of any of the hints described in this blog.

Privacy Policy

©2007-2010 Chester's Clean House