Removing Chewing Gum

I really don't know how or when it happened, but I found chewing gum ground into my living room floor. This is especially strange because my wife and I do not chew gum. All I can guess is that I tracked it in from somewhere on my shoes. The best way to remove gum is to harden it by holding an ice cube on it and use a butter knife or other dull instrument to remove it. The longer you freeze it, the better your chances of getting the whole thing the first time. There are commercial freezing sprays that work very well at hardening gum, but I don't plan on having this happen often enough for me to run out and buy some.
Hints on Chester's Clean House are provided "as is" and Chester's Clean House shall have no liability for any damages (whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise) arising from the use, attempted use or application of any of the hints described in this blog.

Privacy Policy

©2007-2010 Chester's Clean House