Black and Decker ScumBuster saves your back

The Black and Decker ScumBuster is one of my favorite cleaning tools. It makes cleaning fun and cuts my cleaning time in half giving me better results then scrubbing by hand.

The ScumBuster has detachable heads: a large head brush for big jobs, a small head brush for getting into cracks and crevices, a multi purpose head for sponges and scouring pads, a carpet shampoo brush, and an assortment of others. You can purchase different attachments and replacement pads at Target or Wal-Mart. The versatility of the heads makes the ScumBuster one of the most useful cleaning tools I use.

The best feature of the ScumBuster is that it is submersible. This makes cleaning the tub much faster. I just fill the tub with about 2" of hot water and spray my cleaner on the sides of the tub. I use the handle attachment, yes it comes with an extension handle so you don't have to bend over, to reach around the tub the tub. I can move the ScumBuster all over the tub at lots of angles and not have to worry about it getting wet. In about 2 minutes I am done and all I have to do is open the drain and rinse.

The latest model, the S600, has a cleaning reservoir. I tend not to use it because I like to use a lot of different cleaners and it is not convenient to change that often. The other issue I have with the ScumBuster is that the battery is not replaceable. The battery only last about 45 minutes of cleaning then you have to recharge it. Once the battery has reached the end of it's life you have to replace the whole unit. I don't mind this as much because at around $35 it will last at least a year or two, but seems wasteful.

I highly recommend the ScumBuster. Of the three models I have used the S600 was the best. The new floating head design really helps get into those tight spots. With all of the attachments, you will find hundreds of things you can clean much easier. I use it weekly to clean the tile, bathtubs, sinks and showers in the bathrooms. I look forward to sharing all the other great uses for this handy cleaning tool.

Let me know what you use your ScumBuster for.
Hints on Chester's Clean House are provided "as is" and Chester's Clean House shall have no liability for any damages (whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise) arising from the use, attempted use or application of any of the hints described in this blog.

Privacy Policy

©2007-2010 Chester's Clean House