Here are some tips you can use around your house to keep your kids safe:
- Store household cleaning products in a high cabinet out of reach of small children.
- Don't store cleaning products under your sink. Dish washing detergent is the number one cause of poisonings.
- Never use old food containers to store cleaning chemicals.
- Don't leave your cleaning products unattended with small children around. Children love to imitate their parents, and we don't want them sparing something into their eyes or mouth by accident.
- Don't spray bug killer on your floors or base boards.
- Never leave roach or rat poison on the ground, even borax.
- Lock up dangerous chemicals in the garage where children are less likely to play.
- Label all of you homemade cleaners.