Fall Is The Time To Plant Bulbs

Today I spent a good part of the day helping my parents dig up and replant their flower gardens. My parents have just about every tool available for gardening and I have to admitt that the DR Mantis tiller does a really good job. I kept feeling like I want to add about 25 pounds of weight to it, but the user's manual clearing warns against this idea. (Others must have done it with really bad results!) One tool that did not work at all was the bulb auger bit that my Dad had bought. If you have any clay in your soil, this thing is a joke. No matter how tight I chucked the bit, it kept pulling out once it got clogged up with the clay. We did have great luck with the mini post-hole digger that was advertised as a bulb planter. It worked great, took no time, and cleaned up fairly easy. We got into a cycle of my mom putting the bulb were she wanted it, I followed and dug the holes, my Dad put the bulbs in and covered them with dirt, and my three-year-old nephew stomped the ground flat. We all had a good time, and it only took about 20 minutes to plant an entire garden!
Hints on Chester's Clean House are provided "as is" and Chester's Clean House shall have no liability for any damages (whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise) arising from the use, attempted use or application of any of the hints described in this blog.

Privacy Policy

©2007-2010 Chester's Clean House