Tough Homemade Carpet Stain Remover

For tough carpet stains try mixing 1/2 cup salt, 1/2 cup baking soda, 8 drops of white vinegar, and a small amount of water to make a paste. Spread the paste onto the stain. You can just let it dry or you can work it into the carpet for really tough stains. After the paste has dried, brush with a stiff brush and vacuum. Don't brush too hard as not to damage the carpet. This is a very powerful carpet cleaner so be sure to test your carpet for color fastness.

This worked great for me when we rearranged our bedroom furniture. Years ago I spilled a pop on my night stand. I quickly cleaned the spill then; however, when we rearranged the bedroom, I found that some of it had gotten under the night stand. I tried several commercial cleaners and this paste was the only one that worked.

Let me know how it works on your stains.  I think it is the best homemade carpet stain remover.
Hints on Chester's Clean House are provided "as is" and Chester's Clean House shall have no liability for any damages (whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise) arising from the use, attempted use or application of any of the hints described in this blog.

Privacy Policy

©2007-2010 Chester's Clean House